Monday, February 8, 2010

Really Pre-Sunday Dinner

Tonight, I made a fantastically light, but tasty dinner. It was one of those intuitive creations: use what is in your refrigerator and use the most simple ingredients.

For the past few days I have been trying to perfect my Hollandaise sauce. One night I decided to make Hollandaise sauce. People decide to clean out their garage I decide to make a random sauce. Three nights ago I decided it was time to conquer this perenial sauce and it came out TOO tangy and buttery (?). Tonight, I made the sauce less tangy and it was bland like celery. Anyway, to make up for my mini-disaster. I made my favorite-bruschetta-and used fresh basil and top self olive oil (fresh does make a difference). For the main course I grilled Italian sausage in butter, olive oil and finished cooking in the oven-to give it a nice crisp golden brown color. I topped off the sausage with sauteed caramelized onions and mushrooms (all three go together like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!). For a simple side dish I decided to steam some asparagus and shock it to retain its vibrant green color. The asparagus would have been the focus of this particular blog if I made a more TANGY Hollandaise sauce, but I have a life time to perfect this sauce. Please, check back frequently on my Hollandaise sauce progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment